Setting Up an HTML5 Template
There’s no shame in picking out an HTML5 template for your professional or personal site. People do it all the time when using services like Wix. It gives you an opportunity to learn from the skills of the professional who made it while you customize it and make it your own.
💬 Few activities can help you learn web development better than customizing a template since that is how most developers use their web development skills. Rarely are you every creating web projects from scratch.
Good Places to Find HTML5 Templates
Some Things to Think About
- Do you even need a template?
- Is the template responsive?
- How does the template look on a mobile device?
- Does it fall within your reach to maintain with your current Web skills?
- If your template is heavy on images do you have images to include?
Some Things to Avoid
- Stay away from any PHP template. [I don’t care if 50% of the Web runs on PHP.]
- Avoid Bootstrap or Foundation. [Now that CSS Grid is a thing.]
- Templates that are only for desktop [50% of all web traffic is mobile.]