Individual Development Plan / IDP
An IDP is a common way to capture the learning plan for an individual. Usually it consists of a main goal, a list of considerations, your strengths and limiters.
Creating an IDP
Consider the following questions to get your started:
- What activities do you enjoy doing?
- What are you naturally good at?
- What tends to limit you?
- What technologies and tools are involved with those activities?
- Which do you feel you already know?
- Which do you wish to learn?
- Which should you learn?
- How much time per week can you focus on learning?
- What are the dates by which you hope to learn?
- What other considerations affect your learning?