2023 Boost - Week 6#
This week is focused on text file filtering, transformation, sorting, and editing in-place (without a terminal editor). We also introduce the ed, the "standard UNIX terminal editor" (so that we can better understand commands and editors that have been derived from it).
- What is the difference between a carriage return and line return?
- How do I print a carriage return in output?
- What is the difference between
- What is a "string"?
- What's POSIX and why do I care?
- How do I filter out only certain lines of a file?
- How do I search within a file from command line?
bashwhile loop (but we'll cover that later)
- What are "regular expressions" and why do I care?
- What is the difference between "basic" and "extended" regex?
- How do I ensure I'm always using "extended" regex?
- What is a "field"?
- What is "white space"?
- How do I limit output to just the n-th column?